Thursday, May 20, 2010
I Did It And There Is No Going Back Now!
Hi everyone! I am sure you are wondering what all the fuss is about. What did Julie do now? Well, I am not sure if I should be super excited or scared to death! Two days ago I went ahead and finally registered for my first marathon! I have registered for the Twin Cities Medtronic Marathon that will take place on October 3, 2010!! This means that I have four months to get my butt in gear and body in shape for the 26.2 miles! I am hoping that October will be a nice time to run and that the temperatures will cooperate. I have no idea what training program to go with. I am open for suggestions.... so feel free to voice your opinions:) I am looking forward to running this particular marathon because so many of my Minnesota blogger friends are also running! Who is all running this you may ask? Well, so far I know that these people are....Derek
Maybe I can talk Beth, Rachel, Nate, Mark, Gregg, La, Mary, Az, Steve, NJ, Matt and Average A to run with us! We could have a huge blogger meet up!
I have been tagged with two awards! First, Sue Mac presented me with the Honest Scrap Award! I was then given the Versatile Blogger Award from Molly! I am supposed to come up with seven random things about myself that you may not know about me.
1. In grade school my nick-name was Motor Mouth:) Yes, I was a bit of a chatty Cathy!
2. I was a total Tom Boy as a young girl. I had rips in my jeans, scratches and bruises everywhere and dirt on my face! I played sports with the neighborhood boys and had a total blast during the summers!
3. I had everyone of my children natural..this means no pain killers! Yes, I was a stupid woman! If I could do it all over again I would take the drugs...at least with the last one:)
4. I met my hubby working at Mills Fleet Farm in St. Cloud. I was eighteen and he was twenty-two! He got crap all of the time about robbing the cradle:) Oh my, we were a cute couple in bright orange .
5. I have never broken a bone and neither have any of my children!
6. I have terrible eye sight. I started wearing glasses in third grade. Unfortunately, my daughter has bad eye sight too.
7. I took care of my grandma when she was dying of cancer. I was lucky to stay with her during her last few days. My cousin Brenda and I were responsible for feeding her. The hospice care provider told us to give her baby food because it was hard for her to chew and swallow. One afternoon we fed her the veggie beef stew. She took one bite and said, "This tastes like shit!" My cousin Brenda said, "Julie made it." I always smile when I think of this and it makes me miss my grandma so. I have fond memories of that beautiful, kind hearted and hardworking woman:)
I am now supposed to tag a few people but if you are looking for something to blog about have at it! This weekend is my first 5k of the season. I am running in the Maple Grove 5k. I am not racing it...I have decided to run it with my daughter Kay. I am so far behind on blogging! I will be catching up sometime tomorrow after work. Happy running, biking, swimming and lifting! Cheers to you! Also welcome all new followers! Please leave me a comment and I will make my way to your blogs:)
Angie is hosting a CEP compression sock giveaway!
Tara is hosting a Silver Maple Jewelry giveaway!
Rad Runner is hosting a Peaceful Mountain Products giveaway!
Molly is hosting a Bondi Bands giveaway!
Genesis is hosting a Pier 1 nesting measuring cups giveaway!