Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Outside run..six miles that felt like ten.

Well, I did it again! I was able to get out this afternoon and run about six miles. I didn't think it was fun for the first three. It just took a bit for me to get my mojo going:) The final three miles were ok I guess. To be honest, I was moving at snails pace and that felt just great for this afternoon. I had every intention to run ten today but at the end of mile six I was pretty much done. I have been eating like crap for about a week. We made a ton of Christmas cookies and candy. I just can't seem to lay off the peanut butter balls and sugar cookies:)

I need some help! Is there anyone out there who can give me suggestions for a runner's watch...GPS or something else? I have to confess, I am yet to own a fancy running watch. I told my husband that when I run in my races I always check out people and I am able to tell who is a serious runner and who is not. I look at their running shoes and to see if they are sporting a GPS watch. I said no one would ever guess by looking at my timex that I am serious about running. He told me that my watch was my secret weapon...no one would be able to see me as competition:) He was being kind and trying to be funny. My husband was also kind enough to suggest I buy one for Christmas but I have no idea what watch is the one for me. Help!!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Julie, thanks for stopping by!! I used to swear I'd never have a Garmin...now I can't run without it, I love it!! I think either the 305 or 405 make most runners very happy. I went with the 405 because well I decided I liked the way it looked, i know sad.

    my SIL lives in Minneapolis and I am just amazed at the weather you deal with!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the 6 miles! I've been having trouble laying off the cookies as well. I should probably be running 10 miles every day just to balance things out.

    I have the Garmin 405 and love it - Christmas present last year. I don't know how I ever survived without it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julie, I think the 405 was about $350 . . . but that was last year when it was still relatively new.

    As for user friendly - I had to read the user's manual to figure it out and I'm pretty sure I don't use it for nearly as much as I could. But I have it set to beep at me at the mile marks and record my mile split time, which is about all I need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie, Thanks for visting my blog. I love yours and will keep checking in. I run with a Garmin 305 and I love it. The 305 is a good value because you can find it on sale since the new ones are out. Dick's had it on sale a few months ago for $150 and that is the lowest I've seen. Also, Amazon has good prices. Have fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, I see that you have the Polar Dash on your schedule. Are you doing the 5K or 10K? I'm signed up for the 10K.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did sign up for the series. Are you on Facebook? If so, friend me, Beth Koetting, and we can email. Fargo is a good, flat, spring half-marathon, but I don't know if you want to travel. If you aren't on Facebook, just let me know and I'll give you my email.

    ReplyDelete

 
Free Hit Counter