Wednesday, February 24, 2010
A Gorgeous Award and More Info About Me...
Today was a pretty good day:) I got to sleep in until 7 AM and it felt great!! I did the usual cleaning, shopping and was able to get a 6 mile treadmill run in. It was okay, I did my usual ten minute mile pace and watched part of the movie Sixteen Candles. I watched my laps and at the fourth lap or final lap to complete each mile, I kicked it into gear and pushed the speed up to an eight minute mile pace. It felt pretty good:) I am still doing my thirty push-ups and keeping on task with my ab and core work. I really need to start adding miles to my weekly runs. It has been so crazy for us and it will eventually get better once Kay's basketball season ends in about three weeks.
I was given the Gorgeous Blogger Award from my blogger friend Anne!! I was instructed to share six things about myself that my readers maybe wouldn't know. So here you go...six more things about me:)
1. When I was in elemetary school I was the fastest girl in my class. There were also only two boys who were faster than me! Each year I was awarded the Presidential Physical Fitness Award and I still have my patches:) My sixth grade year our class took a bus to another school to participate in the district track meet. I went home with three first place blue ribbons for winning every race that I competed in:)
2. As a Jr. high student I participated in the speech club. I went to State both years for the creative style. The funny thing is....I now get nervous when I have to speak in front of large groups of people. I also got in trouble for talking to much in my classes. I visited with my neighbors way to much:) Most of my teachers were pretty cool and liked me but they just had to gently remind me to shut the heck up every now and then:)
3. My grades as a high school student were pretty average because I was to much of a social butterfly. My first two years of college I held a 4.0 GPA. The class that destroyed my perfect GPA was physics. My first "B". My two favorite classes from college were history and a Native American culture class. My history professor used my papers as examples for his future classes. I also ended up with every point possible in that class plus fifty extra credit points....I was a type A dork:)
4. My husband and I are going to Italy for our 20 year anniversary!!
5. As a teenager I worked as a model in the St. Cloud, Cross Roads Mall and I did runway shows for several stores. When I was twenty-eight I took my oldest son to the Mall of America for his birthday party. I was approached by a New York and Chicago model scout and I was asked to audition for his agency.
6. I am terrified of snakes!! When I was a little girl my grandpa was cutting grass and he ran over a snake with the mower. My dorky cousin picked the gross dead snake up with a stick and tossed it at me...it landed around my neck!!!! Total nervous breakdown!!!
7. I am a terrible swimmer, golfer, math student and computers hate me:)
Sarah at brunette on the run
Jocelyn at Running With High Heels On
Mary at Fit this, girl!
Tina at Gotta Run Now
Anne Marie at Goals for the Week
I hope that you all enjoy the rest of your week!!
Also go check out Molly's blog!! She is hosting a wonderful giveaway of Le Creuset Square Baking Dishes in a lovely spring like blue color!! If you or someone you know likes to cook...check it out:)